Released today, the tiny utility "DowngradeFix 3.9" finally allow lets you reinstall OS 3.6 on your TI-Nspire CX or TI-Nspire CX CAS running OS 3.9 (3.9.0.461 or 3.9.0.463). And indeed before you ask, the old black & white TI-Nspire ClickPad and TouchPad are not supported yet.

Installation is very simple - as explained in the how-to below, you will simply need to open the file, reconnect the USB plug, and send OS 3.6 !

Therefore, today is the day Ndless 3.6 is brought back to life !

Students are again able to properly do their school work for computer science with Micro Python and its editor pyWrite, exams candidates to test the new PDF document reading solution with nPDF, and everyone will be able to relax with the Nintendo Game Boy Advance emulator and nDoom!

site : http://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=172099
Thank you for cross-posting this, geekboy! I'm not sure that I buy that this is meant for PDFs for school and using Micro Python, as I'm sure that most people who are putting third-party programs on their calculators outside of a select few developers are doing it for games. Nevertheless, even if I don't support both sides of this cat-and-mouse game between TI and the French community, I certainly respect the hard work and technical expertise of Extended and the Ndless team. Smile
Quote:
I'm not sure that I buy that this is meant for PDFs for school and using Micro Python, as I'm sure that most people who are putting third-party programs on their calculators outside of a select few developers are doing it for games.

Hence our explicit mention of both kinds of usages Smile
We all know that games are much more popular (and easier to make) than Micro Python.

BTW, once again, it's not just the French community vs. TI. See the credits list Wink
I am fairly sure too that MicroPython is less popular than games. But I am also convinced that PDFs are a lot more popular than games. You are not often on TI Planet's chat (talking to Kerm, not Lionel, even though that sentence applies to both) but I can tell you the question "how do I put my notes on my calculator" is asked a lot more often than "how do I put games". Most are even unaware of games when they come on the chat but know we can put PDFs on it, as if they were told by someone it was possible, someone who did not talk about games however. And when I answer "I don't know, I use my CX CAS for games" when they ask "how does it work" after I gave them a link about PDFs oncalc, they are even surprised by this, and then surprised when I give them links to some awesome games... but still not interested.
Yeah, you definitely have a point about nPDF wrt. games...
Nowadays, youngsters have smartphones (I'm not a youngster, by that definition Razz), and smartphone / tablet / computer games are far more evolved than calculator games. Also, making them on smartphones / tablets / computers is comparatively easier than making calculator games, thanks to much higher computing power.
The gap between calculators and real-world platforms for computing power + ease of development keeps increasing, with the relative stagnation of calculators...

Both Cemetech and TI-Planet have started diversifying to educational / classroom tools, in a wide sense of the word.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours