heey, i wanted to download a .8xk file on my TI-84 + C Silver Edition (a start-up program) but it doesn't work. I got a message 'not compatible'. How can i solve it? I wanted to safe my calculator, by creating a program where you must enter a password, and if correct, go further. So the program must automatically start after you turned on

peter
Hello, and welcome PT! A TI-84+CSE will not accept that format of file because it was made for the monochrome calculators. Perhaps one day this program will be ported, but it needs to have the .8ck extension. Sorry about that!
Quote:
I got a message 'not compatible'.
The 84+CSE has many hardware and software differences from the 84+(SE). Therefore, the FlashApp signing keys are different, to prevent mismatches between FlashApps and calculators.

Quote:
How can i solve it?

Solving the problem requires porting the FlashApp to the 84+CSE.

Quote:
I wanted to safe my calculator, by creating a program where you must enter a password, and if correct, go further.

No password protection program can protect against the well-known reset combos. It's always possible, and even easy, to gain control of the calculator anyhow.
haha oke, but is there a method for 'saving' my calculator, to be proud for my class students? Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours