So this is super adorable if you're familiar with the older series, or even with SJA.
I have a theory:

The Doctor won't reveal his real name because he is actually Dr. Pepper and hates people asking him what it's made of.
merthsoft wrote:
I have a theory:

The Doctor won't reveal his real name because he is actually Dr. Pepper and hates people asking him what it's made of.

That can't be true. The Doctor can only regenerate 12 times, Dr. Pepper has 23 flavors. The sci-fi math doesn't add up but I think you might be onto something Evil or Very Mad

Okay. In seriousness.

Last nights episode was pretty cool. I hope the foreshadowing about the Doctors ability to keep on regenerating holds true; he seemed pretty confident he could regenerate again and again. Though maybe he was bluffing.

I think the whole egg thing was rather lackluster and the fact that another egg was laid was really kinda weird. I think it'd be pretty hard for an egg to put on so much weight in 34 years that it'd cause a global tide pandemic. Obviously that much mass would but 34 years just seems like an incredibly short time to put on that much mass when the egg is billions of years old.

Perhaps I'm just being a realist but the show just seems to be grasping at these far-fetched ideas. They are entertaining episodes but they just lack in the believability department. Heck, do something with those spider germs and foreshadow an incoming invasion. One thing I liked about the past seasons was even though there was individual stories the larger story (see: The Silence) progressed through the season.
Last nights episode was probably the best one yet. The fact that the Doctor said "If only he could see it he'd have it solved in 60 seconds" was great foreshadowing. There was plenty of laughs and wit along the adventure and I loved it!
comicIDIOT wrote:
Last nights episode was probably the best one yet. The fact that the Doctor said "If only he could see it he'd have it solved in 60 seconds" was great foreshadowing. There was plenty of laughs and wit along the adventure and I loved it!

Last night was pretty good, especially after the disappointment that was "To Kill the Moon". Its definitely close between "Listen", "Time Heist", and "Mummy on the Orient Express" for my favorite so far.
Here's the full song by the singer on the Orient Express with scenes of Season 8. I believe there are unaired scenes in this as well.

The Mummy episode wasn't half bad. See, not rushing the story line in order to focus on clara and Doctor's relationship is a good thing. Silly moffat.

It reminded me a bit of the empty child episode, albeit not a 2 parter.
I found Mummy to be great with the air of mystery and Clara's wish to remain away from all of it. All I liked about Kill the Moon was the ending. Most of the other stuff seemed to far-fetched.
qazz42 wrote:
The Mummy episode wasn't half bad. See, not rushing the story line in order to focus on clara and Doctor's relationship is a good thing. Silly moffat.

It reminded me a bit of the empty child episode, albeit not a 2 parter.

Did you catch the "are you my mummy?" reference?
I thought that was pretty funny, elfprince.

Last nights episode was admittedly scary. I dunno, I don't typically scare easily in TV shows but those monsters were just creepy. I think it was a rather accurate portrayal of what creatures from a 2D world would look like if they tried to have form in a 3D world. Which, might be what we look like if we try to break into the fourth dimension. I'm really liking where DW is going now.

More and more people are learning of the Doctor, he's either being careless or just doesn't care. I wonder how this will come back later on in the season or series. Good or bad?
Rewatched a few episodes with a friend on Monday, one of them being "LISTEN" and I realized that the voices at the end, where Clara hides under the bed, belong to Starx & Vastra's wife.
Wait, what?
Dude, Listen. 😛
So tonight's episode was strange. How very like them though, to make things strange. The unsettling thing was the next episode and how twisted everything is. :<
Dear god that was a terrible episode, more or less on par with all the crap that Moffat has been pushing this season.

I think the only episode that I found really inejoyable all season was the one with the mummy and the one with the 2D aliens.

The next episode looks really good at least, and here's to hoping that Clara gets killed off or stuck in a black hole or something. We really need a fresh companion :/
Clara hasn't been around THAT long as it is.. o.O She's barely been on for a full season as a companion.

Anyways, yesterday's episode was pretty wicked. We found out who Missy is, though.. How she/he came back is a complete mystery, not really sure how that will be explained away. And how they revealed the cybermen was quite awesome. I'll give major props to them for that! Smile Thoughts on what is going to go down next episode?
When the Doctor explained he couldn't bring Pink back because it had happened and it could create a time paradox I lost faith in the show. Then it turned out to be an illusion and they went after Pink and my faith was restored to what it was before.

In the episode with all the Trees, at the end you see Missy displeased that the Earth didn't burn to a crisp and yet in this episode her operation is on Earth. So either the doors into the building are a portal to somewhere in space, that building is a second TARDIS or the story just doesn't make sense. Secondly, what kind of Morgue business is she running? Or does she steal the cadavers from the coffins via teleport or something?

I didn't see that coming though. The Nethersphere is a bit odd. Gallifreyan tech. Unless Missy slipped into Gallifrey during the 50th Anniversary Special and stole it, I doubt she'd had kept it all this time. Also, that's quite a cool piece of tech if you can upload a mind to it and still keep a physical connection with the persons body.
On my second watch through. The scientist that shows off the Dark Water, his jacket doesn't get wet. Wink

I'd also vote that somehow that building is a TARDIS. There appeared to be a LOT of room inside that building.

They better have a damned good explanation on how the Mistress is there. Neutral And how she got her hands on Gallifreyan tech.

Edit:

Definitely TARDIS technology. If you watch when he opens the door from the inside to get out, it's barely taller than him. Once outside, the door is huge. Either that, or that's some really bad prop setting up there. :p
I noticed that about the jacket as well.

I didn't catch the door thing but I'll attribute that too bad prop setting. The door of the Doctors TARDIS is the same size inside and out, as evidenced by the "FLATLINE" episode. Though if it does turn out to be a TARDIS I guess the physical appearance of the time machine on the outside is just an illusion.
A late post about the finale. What? Was that it? All this character development and Pink leaves? Clara leaves? This was not a fitting conclusion to the season. I am not happy. My memory of the rest of the episode is super spotty, maybe I'll curb my disappointment and watch it again to provide a better post.

I wanted UNIT to be Torchwood but that won't ever happen, will it? I don't care if we never see Captain Jack Harkness again, I just want Torchwood back. If it's with Jack, super cool!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours