Not a problem. Yes, as long as everything you want to save has a star next to it, and you only choose to reset All RAM, then your Archived data will be safe. resetting All Memory (RAM + Archive) is decidedly less safe.
Excellent. The sound you hear next is the crack in the cosmic egg as I push the All RAM button. Surprised
Praise the load! The 2ND>ON button turns me off now, and my programs unarchived just fine. You are some mighty fine gentlemen and scholars. Thanks again. I'll be back again, someday, I'm sure.
quaternion wrote:
Praise the load! The 2ND>ON button turns me off now, and my programs unarchived just fine. You are some mighty fine gentlemen and scholars. Thanks again. I'll be back again, someday, I'm sure.
I shall give you my finest horse; his name is Windjammer! But in all seriousness, glad to hear that everything is working again. Also, for future storage, I heartily recommend frequently backing up any important programs to your computer. And finally, please edit your posts rather than double-posting if it's 24 hours or fewer since your preceding post.
as long as you have archived all of your programs, they shouldnt be touched by a RAM clear. given that Archive is NOT Ram, but a flash chip embedded in your calculator, clearing the ram only touches anything that is in ram. so, in a quick word: yes, you are right.
Sometimes all of the buttons work. Sometimes only some of the buttons work but show up as the multiplication symbol. Sometimes half of the buttons work as they are supposed to. I think it is because I downloaded Fruit Ninja and the buttons stopped working because continuous multiple key presses to play the game. I need help ASAP because I have the PSATs tomorrow. I have tried clearing the RAM deleting mirageOS and fruit ninja. Massaging the keys and taking off the keyboard cover and putting it back on.
georgewasd wrote:
Sometimes all of the buttons work. Sometimes only some of the buttons work but show up as the multiplication symbol. Sometimes half of the buttons work as they are supposed to. I think it is because I downloaded Fruit Ninja and the buttons stopped working because continuous multiple key presses to play the game.
That's unlikely to be the cause, unless playing Fruit Ninja physically damaged your keys.
Quote:
I need help ASAP because I have the PSATs tomorrow. I have tried clearing the RAM deleting mirageOS and fruit ninja. Massaging the keys and taking off the keyboard cover and putting it back on.
Hmm, if you tried all of those, I don't have a lot of suggestions. Have you ever:
1) Had batteries get corroded in the battery compartment, or
2) Spilled a liquid or beverage on the calculator?
Not that I'm aware. The calculator belongs to the school, but personally the batteries that were in it when I first got it were not corroded, and I just put in new batteries since then. And I am not aware of any liquids spilled into the calculator. I have dropped it once on hard wood, but it was working fine then.
georgewasd wrote:
Not that I'm aware. The calculator belongs to the school, but personally the batteries that were in it when I first got it were not corroded, and I just put in new batteries since then. And I am not aware of any liquids spilled into the calculator. I have dropped it once on hard wood, but it was working fine then.
Have you tried a full memory reset? [2nd][+], Reset, arrow over to All Memory, and choose Reset?
Nope I'll remember that hopefully the buttons work for a long enough time for me to do it before the psats. Thanks for the help
Tried resending OS and that didn't work.
George, when the calculator isn't working, which buttons don't work? I'm wondering if my TI-81 repair thread shows a related type of failure.
Usually everything doesn't work except for the on button. There are some cases where the random keys work but they show up as the multiplication symbol. It's been a cycle. All working -> all not working except for on button -> Random buttons work as multiplication -> random work as they are supposed to ->all working. The 7,8, 9, clear, 2nd, and y= seem to be some some of the first keys that work. Not in that order though just randomly. I should also not that it takes about a few hours until a day for the cycle to get to the next phase.
This has been going on for about a week or two.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours