I'll probably have a TON of questions, so be prepared, everyone. The questions are mainly going to be about the libraries and occasionally little projects of mine (maybe). So, first questions:
1. What exactly is a stack?
2. In options, there's something called the [ON] hook. What does it do?
Is there any way to have DCS without its error handler? (No offense, Kerm, but I prefer the original OS's error handler better)
gaventemples31415 wrote:

To answer this one I do believe that the ON hook is simply just a hook for ON and other keys (I think mode, but I cant seem to get it to work on my calc at the moment) that lets you open DCS fairly quickly from the OS.
gaventemples31415 wrote:
1. What exactly is a stack?
Are you talking about the Ans Stack?

qazz42 wrote:
gaventemples31415 wrote:

To answer this one I do believe that the ON hook is simply just a hook for ON and other keys (I think mode, but I cant seem to get it to work on my calc at the moment) that lets you open DCS fairly quickly from the OS.
[ON][PRGM] launches Doors CS, and I forget the key combination that forces instant APD.

Quote:
Is there any way to have DCS without its error handler? (No offense, Kerm, but I prefer the original OS's error handler better)
Nope. There's no difference, though, other than Instant Goto. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
gaventemples31415 wrote:
1.What exactly is a stack?
Are you talking about the Ans Stack?
In the DCS Wiki, there are a few commands that deal with stacks, like a GUI stack. Can you explain what it is/does?

EDIT: So, I just looked at the wiki and it says the APD is opened by pressing [ON] and [STAT].
Thanks for checking that. The advantage of instant APD is that it returns you to where you were: [ON][STAT] in the program editor, for instance, will return you to the exact line in the program editor where you started when you turn the calculator back on.

Stack: The GUI Stack is the Doors CS abstraction for rendering GUIs. In case you're not familiar with the concept, a stack is a data structure that can also be called "last in, first out", or LIFO. In other words, think of it like a stack of papers on your desk. There are two operations you can perform: you can "push" a piece of paper onto the top of the stack, or you can "pop" a piece of paper off the top of the stack. If you push a piece of paper that we'll call "A", then "B" and "C", you'll have to pop "C" and then pop "B" before you can get to "A" again. The GUI stack is a stack because you push windows containing GUI elements on top of each other, then pop them off when you are done with them. You might push your program's main window onto the GUI stack, then the user might click a Settings button, which might push a settings dialog onto the stack. When the user clicks [X] on that dialog, you can have the GUI Stack pop that dialog off, leaving the main program window as the top thing on the stack again.

- The AnsStack is something that Merthsoft requested, and is a very nifty tool that sadly is not widely-used in any program. It lets you push and pop Ans to a stack, regardless of the type of data (number, string, list, matrix) stored in Ans. This essentially gives you access to an arbitrary number of Ans variables.
So, if I understand correctly, it's push on and pop off? You can't use a number on the bottom?
gaventemples31415 wrote:
So, if I understand correctly, it's push on and pop off? You can't use a number on the bottom?
Correct, that would be like an array. You can only access the item on the very top of the stack until you remove it.
How could I create and read data from appvars? Is it possible with these libs?
qazz42 wrote:
gaventemples31415 wrote:

To be more specific, while in the Ti OS, holding [ON] and then tapping [PRGM] will take you directly to DCS. Holding [ON] and then tapping [STAT] will make your calc turn off, or ADP
gaventemples31415 wrote:
How could I create and read data from appvars? Is it possible with these libs?
Yes, it is. Take a look at the Celtic 3 libraries, like LineRead, LineWrite, LineErase, LineReplace, and ToggleSet (used to create the AppVars in the first place).
Umm... not to be a spoiler, but... this is a pretty old forum.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours