The buttons on my TI 84 won't work at all. I can turn it on, and there is something on the screen, but I can't clear the screen or turn it off, and I can't type anything else. Even if I take the battery out to turn it off, the thing on the screen is still there when I turn it back on. How can I fix this?
Did they used to work; if so, do you know what happened to make them stop working? Is there any corrosion in the battery compartment? Have you tried connecting the calculator to a computer or another calculator recently?
They did used to work. Nothing happened, I tried to use it one day and I just couldn't press anything. There is no corrosion in the battery compartment. I have not tried connecting it to a computer or another calculator
Quote:
Remove one of the AAA batteries. Press and hold [CLEAR]. While holding [CLEAR], reinsert the AAA battery and press [ON]. The calculator should display the message "RAM Cleared". Release [CLEAR] and then press it one more time to remove the message.

or maybe
Quote:
Remove one of the AAA batteries. Press and hold [DEL]. While holding [DEL], reinsert the AAA battery and then press [ON]. The calculator should display "Waiting...Please install calculator software now". Follow the instructions for the TI-83 family or TI-84 Plus family to reinstall the calculator operating system.

https://epsstore.ti.com/OA_HTML/csksxvm.jsp?nSetNumber=11900

and i'm thinking this isn't really a project that goes under Cemetech labs lol
my ti 84 did the same thing. i took it apart and i didnt see any visible problems so i put it back together and the buttons worked just fine.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours