Hello, new to this website! I've succeeded in getting my .rom file uploaded to the website here and everything works well, buttons are aligned, x^2 graphs correctly, hypothesis testing works if I type in the "stats".

The only thing that doesn't work is:
1-Var Stats L1
(after entering data into stats -> edit -> L1, then do:
stats -> calc -> 1-var stats -> 2nd [1] which is L1 )

It outputs the correct stuff, namely:
x_bar =
sum(x) =
sum(x^2) =
etc..

The problem is that it doesn't output the actual answers! It's just blank. Is there a configuration I'm missing? I've noticed that the calculator uploads in a very very default setting, maybe there's a way to make 1-Var Stats "see" List 1?

ibanmd wrote:
Oh and one more diagnostic thing:

When I simply enter "L1" on the home screen, I do get output, namely the numbers {9 3 6}. The sort command also works on the list.

And the calculator is a ti-83 plus.

ibanmd wrote:
Nevermind everyone, it has been resolved!
Welcome to Cemetech, ibanmd! Assuming you're talking about our online TI-83+ emulator jsTIfied, I'm glad you're getting good use out of it, and I'm sorry that you had trouble with 1-Var Stats. What was the trick to get it working in the end? I assume you had set some stuff up on your physical calculator that you hadn't quite gotten set up properly on the emulator? Also, it sounds like you're a competent calculator user, but if you get stuck on anything, I'll shamelessly plug my book Using the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus.

Edit: By the way, in the future, please only reply to yourself (what we call a double-post or triple-post) if it has been more than 24 hours since your previous post. Otherwise, edit your existing post instead. Thanks!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours