Hi guys!

I made a .rom of my calculator in order to use a emulator in PC so that I can program and execute the code on PC. It seems impossible to write complicated program on the calculator. That will make me mad. However, when I uploaded the .rom file I made to the web (www.cemetech.net/projects/jstified) it says 'Error: Unable to load the specified file. Are you sure it's a TI-83+ program, file, or application? Are you sure there's enough free memory to fit it? Is the calculator at the homescreen?'. What's wrong with it? The .rom file was made with the rom8x downloaded from the web (http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/373/37341.html). I followed the instruction in the readme file and everything seems successful. I also use Wabbitemu to emulate the calculator and it works well. However it's impossible to import code to Wabbitemu. How can I make it work? What I need is the emulated calculator on PC which can be used to import code in it and evaluate the code thereafter.

I need your help!!!

Best regards
Wenjie
Hi wenjie welcome to cemetech! Did you introduce your self? you can here! http://cemete.ch/t4925
As for your problem you seem to be using the wrong form in jstified if you click the button labeld ROM and upload your .rom from there. it should work for you ^^
Yep, as geekboy said, you need to go to the ROM tab of jsTIfied in order to upload the initial ROM image. Let us know if it works out for you.
wenjie wrote:
However it's impossible to import code to Wabbitemu.
I don't see what you can do to fail at sending code to Wabbitemu, you just have to drag and drop your 8xp files. It works with other variables too, such as appvars (8xv), etc. Just be sure to send "calc files", not a regular txt file. You can convert into a real calc file with TokenIDE, SourceCoder, tok8x or whatever you want. Notice that TokenIDE and SourceCoder can work "directly" on the "calc file" (I mean that you don't have to see the "txt" file in between).
geekboy1011 wrote:
Hi wenjie welcome to cemetech! Did you introduce your self? you can here! http://cemete.ch/t4925
As for your problem you seem to be using the wrong form in jstified if you click the button labeld ROM and upload your .rom from there. it should work for you ^^

Hi!
Thanks for you reply in such a short time!
I tried your suggestion but it still didn't work. I still got the same warning message.
KermMartian wrote:
Yep, as geekboy said, you need to go to the ROM tab of jsTIfied in order to upload the initial ROM image. Let us know if it works out for you.

Hi!
Unfortunately it still doesn't work. Is there any possibility that the Rom image wasn't made right?
Hayleia wrote:
wenjie wrote:
However it's impossible to import code to Wabbitemu.
I don't see what you can do to fail at sending code to Wabbitemu, you just have to drag and drop your 8xp files. It works with other variables too, such as appvars (8xv), etc. Just be sure to send "calc files", not a regular txt file. You can convert into a real calc file with TokenIDE, SourceCoder, tok8x or whatever you want. Notice that TokenIDE and SourceCoder can work "directly" on the "calc file" (I mean that you don't have to see the "txt" file in between).

Hi!

now I import the .8xp file to Wabbitemu successfully. However when I run the program that works well in my calculator it just doesn't work and gives an error message. I'm confused...
Well if you installed a shell on your calc but not on Wabbitemu, it's normal that the shell opens the program on the calc and not on Wabbitemu.
Another thing that can be problematic is if you didn't install any shell anywhere, run your programs from RAM on your calc but transferred the program to archive on Wabbitemu, which obviously gives "ERR: Archived" when you try to run the program "the normal way". To get rid of that error, unarchive your program, or simply transfer to RAM instead of Archive (when you drag and drop on the screen, drop on the green part, not the red part).
Hayleia wrote:
Well if you installed a shell on your calc but not on Wabbitemu, it's normal that the shell opens the program on the calc and not on Wabbitemu.
Another thing that can be problematic is if you didn't install any shell anywhere, run your programs from RAM on your calc but transferred the program to archive on Wabbitemu, which obviously gives "ERR: Archived" when you try to run the program "the normal way". To get rid of that error, unarchive your program, or simply transfer to RAM instead of Archive (when you drag and drop on the screen, drop on the green part, not the red part).

Thanks for you enthusiastic help! However it still doesn't work. I dragged the 8xp file to the RAM area in the screen. It's possible to import the values to the program. But it doesn't give an answer. It shows 'ERROR: UNDEFINED' instead. I guess the only way to make it work is that I edit the code in an online editor like SourceCode2.5 and then transfer the code to my calculator to run it.
If you choose 2: Goto when the UNDEFINED error appears, you should be able to see what exactly is undefined. There is probably a list, matrix, picture, or real/complex variable that you're missing.
KermMartian wrote:
If you choose 2: Goto when the UNDEFINED error appears, you should be able to see what exactly is undefined. There is probably a list, matrix, picture, or real/complex variable that you're missing.

Hi KermMartian!

Thanks for your help. The problem is solved. It turns out that the list and variables used by the program are missing. It's a program written by other guy. I've no idea about TI programming.

Now I'm reading your book 'Programming the TI-83 Plus TI-84 Plus' and trying to find a way to translate my a bunch of matlab codes to TI basic in order to use it in the exam. Now I'm in the second chapter. I hope I can make it in one week.
Good luck; I'm sure you'll figure it out if you put your mind to it. I personally feel that Matlab program flow is quite similar to TI-BASIC program flow, delta the full set of ways to vectorize Matlab code. As always, our TI-BASIC subforum and experts are here to help if you need it.
KermMartian wrote:
Good luck; I'm sure you'll figure it out if you put your mind to it. I personally feel that Matlab program flow is quite similar to TI-BASIC program flow, delta the full set of ways to vectorize Matlab code. As always, our TI-BASIC subforum and experts are here to help if you need it.

Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours