I need help with this. I want to implement .wav files into my game. I tried trusound, but it exports it as an app. I want it as a no-stub asm program.
soulfighter wrote:
I need help with this. I want to implement .wav files into my game. I tried trusound, but it exports it as an app. I want it as a no-stub asm program.

Is there any particular reason that you would need sound? Sounds tend to be an issue due to the limited amount of memory available on the calculator, which is why it is exported as an app. Also, why do you want to have it as an asm program, rather than an app? Good luck on your quest! Smile If anyone else with much more sound knowledge would kindly post here, that would be much appreciated. Thanks! Smile
The memory isn't the only problem – sound playback also uses a lot of CPU time. Games very rarely have sound, and the ones that do just have short bleeps so that there's time over for processing gameplay and graphics. Pyoro is one example of this.
like slash sound effects. I want it like that because I can't run an app in basic, but I could use Asm(prgmSOUND), if I could compile the program. Or, if somebody could tell me how to run an app with axe parser or something to make the app run in basic let me know.
I just added sound to an old program of mine here. I'm not the most qualified and WAV files are a bit beyond my capabilities, but we could maybe work on some simple sound effects if you want so that you could do something like 1:asm(prgmSOUND) to play sound 1, 2:asm(prgmSOUND) to play sound 2, etc.
Also, I want to play music on more than one channel.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours