Hello,

My name is Tyler, I'm a student and I just bought a new TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition and would like to find a Physics utility or suite of utilities that would allow me to utilize the formulas below. It is worth noting that the class I'm prepping the calculator for is Respiratory Physics.

Poiseuille's Law (specifically, this application of the law

Turbulent Flow
Reynold's Law
Transitional Flow

Transitional

Law of Continuity & Flow Resistance

One last thing, is there an infrared 3.5mm controller that would plug into what looks like a 3.5mm jack of the calculator on top? Would you have the capability to control devices that are commanded by IR, (ex. TV's, Printers, perhaps some sort of NFC... I was just really curious about that and thought I'd ask a Sensei out there since this is my first post.

Sorry for the wall of text, I'll properly introduce myself in due time. In the meantime, I would greatly appreciate any help/tips that anyone may have for me.

Au Revoir,
[b]T.

P.S. I have the TI Connect software installed and it works fine.
Graphing Calculator [/b]
Welcome to Cemetech, Tyler; good to have you with us. I don't know of an existing physics program or suite that solves those equations, but I think you'll find that writing your own physics and math equation solvers is relatively easy. You can either write programs on your calculator, or use SourceCoder or TokenIDE. Do you have any experience with TI-BASIC? The general structure of the simplest solver program looks like this:
Code:
Prompt V,D,R,H
(V*D*2R)/H->N
Disp "REYNOLD'S NUMBER:",N
KermMartian wrote:

Code:
Prompt V,D,R,H
(V*D*2R)/H->N
Disp "REYNOLD'S NUMBER:",N

We could simplify the algebra in here a bit and save a variable by using Ans to store the result; the result can then be stored separately if it needs to be.

Code:
:Prompt V,D,R,H
:2VDR/H
:Disp "REYNOLD'S NUMBER",Ans
Hey,

I just finished a 10 hour clinical shift at the hospital and just noticed the replies. Thank you both for your advice, I will immediately implement your suggestions and report back.

In the meantime, if you have any other ideas, I'd appreciate it if you'd post them in this thread.

This community is blessed with members whose specialization is critical to guide someone like me in the right direction.

Many Thanks,
Madara
Quote:

One last thing, is there an infrared 3.5mm controller that would plug into what looks like a 3.5mm jack of the calculator on top? Would you have the capability to control devices that are commanded by IR, (ex. TV's, Printers, perhaps some sort of NFC... I was just really curious about that and thought I'd ask a Sensei out there since this is my first post.

Sorry for the wall of text, I'll properly introduce myself in due time. In the meantime, I would greatly appreciate any help/tips that anyone may have for me.

It's a 2.5mm jack, not 3.5 =) People have definitely hooked up IR devices to it before, but I'm not aware of any pre-packaged hardware for doing so. I think BrandonW has done a fair bit of work with remote control programming though (and generally hooking up calculators to weird devices), so I'm sure he could tell you more.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours