I read somewhere that the reason that the pcse is unable to utilize more of the screen is due to hardware limitations, but couldn't one use assembly or doors cse to have full-screen graphing?
I know that there are apps that can hook into graphing on older calcs. Maybe an app can be made that either adjusts the built-in graphing to draw to the fullscreen or provides its own graphing routines (using BCALLs to calculate points for each Yn). The issue would be speed, of course, but shouldn't stop this from being possible.
Yes, I do believe that you are correct! Take look around; I'm sure that there are some examples out there! I seem to rember some sort of picture routine that someone was in the process of construcing! Smile

EDIT: Hmm... Wait a second, is that a 'p' I see next to the cse? Oh well...
I believe Kerm is working on an updated graphing system complete with 3D capabilities ... in ASM.
You mean an asm version of https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=887?
tr1p1ea wrote:
I believe Kerm is working on an updated graphing system complete with 3D capabilities ... in ASM.
More specifically, a z80 ASM port of Graph3DP. It's unfortunately on hold while I ponder some difficult issues related to drawing and updating a 3D graph being rotated, and whether I want to compromise to use half-res drawing. There's currently no way to use the entire screen to do 2D graphing on the TI-84+CSE, because the graph buffer must fit in RAM.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours