I'm just relieved that you have been able to mitigate the damage done by this incident.

I enjoy my regular dose of Cemetech and long may it continue to be a source of help, guidance and knowledge for all lovers and users of technical devices, be they calculators, computers or contraptions of their own fecund imagination.

Viva Cemetech! Graphing Calculator
flintymcqwerty wrote:
I'm just relieved that you have been able to mitigate the damage done by this incident.
As are we, and we're keeping a very close watch on things to make sure we didn't miss any facets of the attack.

Quote:
I enjoy my regular dose of Cemetech and long may it continue to be a source of help, guidance and knowledge for all lovers and users of technical devices, be they calculators, computers or contraptions of their own fecund imagination.

Viva Cemetech! Graphing Calculator
We appreciate your enthusiasm, and will continue to do our best to provide exactly the haven that you describe. Smile
Oh, right, before (or during) the attack, there was a file in the archives with description "asdsasdad" No author. No download, no description. I reviewed it. "What kind of file is this?"

Now that I think of it, that's why my computer broke.
In the future, rather than reviewing suspicious files, you should notify an admin.
Eightx84 wrote:
Oh, right, before (or during) the attack, there was a file in the archives with description "asdsasdad" No author. No download, no description. I reviewed it. "What kind of file is this?"
Yes, that was one of the symptoms (but not the only one) that allowed us to identify the attack.

Quote:
Uh, what?

merthsoft wrote:
In the future, rather than reviewing suspicious files, you should notify an admin.
This.
Eightx84 wrote:

Was that file confirmed to be dangerous? What was it?
AHelper wrote:
Eightx84 wrote:

Was that file confirmed to be dangerous? What was it?
There was no file. There was a file archives entry with no attached actual file. That's why I'm Rolling Eyes at that post.
This is hilarious.
allynfolksjr wrote:
This is hilarious.

The topic or the posts? Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
This is hilarious.

The topic or the posts? Smile

The fact that what Nikky has been saying about Cemetch's organization being terrible is true.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours