Editor's Note: Sadly, this was indeed part of our April Fools 2014 joke. Of course, if an overwhelming majority of our constituency thinks that Administrator/Ambassador Nikky is exactly the mature, indispensable addition that Cemetech needs, we are willing to listen to arguments in his favor.

With the now announced partnership between Cemetech & TICalc it's only fitting that we have cross site staff. When Nikky - on right - as an Ambassador for TICalc and Alex - on left - as an ambassador for Cemetech visited San Francisco in October of 2011 (pictured) and again last year they talked about better engagement of the community. What conspired between the staff was a partnership that will continue to grow.

Since we are effectively two communities running on one forum, Cemetech brought some of the staff from TICalc to become administrators. Please welcome allynfolksjr (also known as Nikky) and Travis. The administrations of both communities are extremely pleased to officially work alongside each other.

Congratulations on the move for the admins! Even nikkybot was changing his mood to prepare for this day. I look forward to seeing even more admins around. I hope this brings a flurry of new activity to both ticalc and Cemetech!
As much as I love poking fun at Nikky and being duly mocked in return, he's a great guy and a powerful cohesive force in the community, and it's a pleasure to be working with him. Travis has of course been one of the tireless driving forces behind ticalc.org's major activity in the past few years, and it's great to be working with him as well.
Will the new admins get to take on their place on the staff list?
Yes! They'll be added to the staff list in a day or so.
AHelper wrote:

Not at first. Consider it more of two very large states that make up a republic. Separate administrations.

Edit: Ignore sub-minion comic. he knows not what he says.
allynfolksjr wrote:
AHelper wrote:

Not at first. Consider it more of two very large states that make up a republic. Separate administrations.

Technically you guys are Ambassadors, Liaisons if you want to call it that. You have access to the most of the admin functions we do, it's only natural to include you officially on the admin list Smile
comicIDIOT wrote:
Editor's Note: Sadly, this was indeed part of our April Fools 2014 joke. Of course, if an overwhelming majority of our constituency thinks that Administrator/Ambassador Nikky is exactly the mature, indispensable addition that Cemetech needs, we are willing to listen to arguments in his favor.

I approve this and wish to remind us that Nikky gives us a level head as a leader. Also, Nikky is able to impartially give judgement since his programming days seem to be over.
ordelore wrote:
I approve this and wish to remind us that Nikky gives us a level head as a leader. Also, Nikky is able to impartially give judgement since his programming days seem to be over.

Incorrect. Just because he doesn't program for calculators or for the community (unnlike Shaun) he certainly has a job. Also, I don't program for the community any longer and I'm an admin Smile
comicIDIOT wrote:

Incorrect. Just because he doesn't program for calculators or for the community (unnlike Shaun) he certainly has a job. Also, I don't program for the community any longer and I'm an admin Smile

Speaking of which, it is about time to begin the admin review process..

Wink :p

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours