Many of our visitors are coming to see where they can download MirageOS for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition. Short answer:

MirageOS and Doors CS (two TI-83+/TI-84+ shells) do not work on the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition. Most games for the black-and-white calculators also do not run on the new color-screen calculator.

So what can you do about it?
1) Download Doors CSE 8.0 and put it on your calculator. See video below for a step-by-step tutorial.
2)All of the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition BASIC Games and TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition Assembly Games in the Cemetech Archives are compatible with Doors CSE 8.

If you still need help, check out our handy guide to the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition: http://84color.com
3) There is no specified release time frame for a TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition of Doors CS. Such project takes time, between school and other life duties. It will be ready when it's ready.
4) Don't even ask for Mirage OS to be remade because Doors CS will turn out to be a much better shell.
Pinned until further notice.
5) Wait for Mirage OS to be remade because Doors CS will turn out to be a very weak, stripped-down shell.
Something tells me you don't really understand how iterative development works.
merthsoft wrote:
Something tells me you don't really understand how iterative development works.
I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new
Even if Doors turns out to be a week shell (although I strongly doubt it) I will of course congratulate the time and effort that Kerm has done for the CSE community rather than comment on how lame it might be. Which won't be the case, as I am a huge fan of Doors and continue to support it whatever platform it may take to.
I am looking forward to seeing some development start to have a good shell to put on my calculator.
zeldaking wrote:
Even if Doors turns out to be a week shell (although I strongly doubt it) I will of course congratulate the time and effort that Kerm has done for the CSE community rather than comment on how lame it might be. Which won't be the case, as I am a huge fan of Doors and continue to support it whatever platform it may take to.
Thanks. Smile My first priority is something that will let you run BASIC and ASM programs, Archived or in RAM, from the homescreen and from a basic desktop. Once that core feature is in place, I'll start worrying about all the extra features; as Merth says, Doors CS has always followed the iterative development model.
*bump* And of course now Doors CSE 8.0 exists and is available, so I modified the first post.
chal3oye wrote:
Don't even ask for Mirage OS to be remade because Doors CS will turn out to be a much better shell.

The original author(s) lost the MirageOS source and has gone on to the rest of his life. Whether DCS is better is a matter of opinion.
DrDnar wrote:
ordelore wrote:
Don't even ask for Mirage OS to be remade because Doors CS will turn out to be a much better shell.

The original author(s) lost the MirageOS source and has gone on to the rest of his life. Whether DCS is better is a matter of opinion.
I think specifically that ordelore meant Doors CSE, not Doors CS.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours