ordelore wrote:
Well, I have good news. I am going to get a TI-89 Titanium tomorrow and also have my eyes own a Voyage 200 as well as the TI84PCSE and TI-Nspire CX CAS that I will have when contest #10 is finished.
Haha, I hope you're working hard on your entry to make that a reality. What are you going to do with the TI-89? Are you planning to go into a technical major like Engineering? If so, you'll definitely need it for school beyond any programming goals you have.
To be honest, I just want it to see what I can do with it. It did come today, though!

Woo! That is the TICT's eReader working, by the way.
Heh, "ebook" Smile
Make sure you're using the latest version, http://tict.ticalc.org/projects.html .
KermMartian wrote:
Good start, Emily! Do you do any programming with those calculators, do you have an educational interest, or is your fascination simply academic (so to speak)? I've wanted a Voyage 200 for quite some time, but I have never been able to find one for anything approaching a decent price.

Yes, I do some programming with those 3 calculators I cannot use anymore, before they got unusable or lost.
The Casio one BTW has limited memory for the programming as usual, I think it limits the number of commands per program (also limited from P0 to P9 or something IIRC).

Hmm I think I did a calendar program before (BASIC), and also a program that calculates the number of days it takes from date #1 to date #2...
Here is my family collection:

I own:
TI-Nspire CX CAS
TI-Nspire (blue)
TI 84 Plus (not shown)
TI 84+CSE

Brother 1:
TI-Nspire CX CAS (green)
TI-36X Pro

Brother 2:
TI-84+CSE
TI Nspire CX CAS (blue)
Nice collection! I was about to ask why you had two TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition calculators, until I read the text and realized they were not all yours. Are you working primarily with TI-BASIC on those TI-84 Plus C Silver Editions, or do you also know / are learning assembly? Do you write TI-Nspire programs?
I have been working in TI-Basic lately because of the back to school season. I plan to learn assembly when the updated tutorial is completed.

The programs I have made for the TI-Nspire are webpages mockups and a Tic-Tac-Toe game.
This is nowhere close to my entire collection (I have 27 graphing calcs), but I thought that I would show my four color screen calculators (the ones with backlighted screens) side by side:

Look at how big that ClassPad 400 screen is compared to the other models! Shock
Very nice collection, DJ_O! I'm impressed that you managed to get an fx-CP400 in Canada when the review models in the US aren't even around yet. Wink
I have a Casio fx-9750GII, a Ti-Nspire, and a TI-83+
http://i.imgur.com/PMv4X1r.jpg

New editions to the family!!
Thanks to KermM for shipping that across the country! This is sure to keep me busy for a while.
Here's my meager calculator collection:

From left to right:
1. Ti Nspire (w/ 3 keypads) - NOT WORKING (the person before me took an exacto blade to the ribbon cable)

2. Ti 92+ - EXCELLENT condition. I traded an 83+ I bought cheaply for this.

3. Ti 83+ (in caddy) - NOT WORKING (another person sliced the ribbon cable)

All the following Ti 82's I got yesterday from my school because I bugged them so much about having them. They're all working, and each one is a different hardware revision.

4. Ti 82 - ROM 19.0

5. Ti 82 - ROM 19.0

6. Ti 82 - ROM 19.006

7. Ti 84+ - this is my first graphing calculator. It has weathered much, and still works very well. I have a Ti 83 emulator on it.

8. Ti 36X Pro

(not shown)

9. HP 48G - I bought it from my physics teacher for $50. I have yet to get a serial cable for it

also not shown is my Ti Keyboard, USB A Female to USB B Mini male adapter, and 3.5 to 2.5mm jack adapter.
I have a TI-84SE, a TI-84 CSE, and a TI-30x (though their mostly useless compared to the other ones Razz )
My modest collection has a few new members on the way. I recently purchased a few more second hand on eBay: TI-83+, TI-83+SE & an old TI-92!

I'll be sure to post a photo once they've all arrived and I have them all in the one place (my mate is borrowing my TI-84+ at the moment). My collection will now consist of:

TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+, TI-83+SE, TI-84+, TI-84+CSE, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89, TI-92

EDIT: Forgot my 84+C hehe!
The old 92 isn't very interesting. It has a worse OS than the newer TI-68k models, and few ASM programs.
The Plus module for upgrading a 92 to 92+ HW1 is even harder to find...
That's ok, I bought it more just for the collection anyway Smile

I just came across an old TI-92+ as well, which I've purchased! My credit card bill won't be nice this month.. But I've always wanted to have the 92's in my collection, just for old times sake.
At last, an updated pair of photographs of my collection! It is a whopping 92 calculators as of this photograph, but that number will go down to about 78 soon:
- 11 calculators are too far gone to be worth my time to repair. Want one or some or all of them for cheap? Let me know.
- 25 calculators require repairs, mostly of the ribbon cable variety. TI calculators tend to degrade sitting on shelves once they're >= 10 years old, apparently. Of those 25, 3 are donors that will provide components for 2 of the other calculators
- Two calculators are not shown: a TI-86 at my office and the Ultimate Calculator 2.
- Pepper wanted to say hello.

So what's the breakdown of those 92?
1x TI-73
1x TI-73 Explorer
1x TI-76.fr
1x TI-81
10x TI-82 (most of which have missing LCD columns and are trash)
9x TI-83 (ditto)
26x TI-83+ (most work, a few new ribbon cable repair)
3x colored TI-83+s: blue, purple, and green
8x TI-83+SE
1x TI-84+: The only TI calculator here I bought new and full price!
7x TI-84+SE, one pink
1x TI-84+CSE, signed by Mayim Bialik
2x TI-85
7x TI-86, only one of which isn't missing LCD rows. gg, TI.
3x TI-89
2x TI-89Ti
2x TI-Nspire with TI-84+ keyboards
1x TI-Nspire CX and 1x TI-Nspire CX CAS. The non-CAS is signed by Mayim Bialik
2x Casio Prizm
1x Casio Classpad 330
1x HP Prime
1x TI-92+
1x Voyage 200

Puppy!

How do you store all of those? It's a significant volume..
Umm, whoa. How much did all that even cost?
-Down to 78? How sad, if you reach 100 you'll have shot the moon.
-Also, to complete your collection you should get a TI-99/4.
-Surprised you don't have more TI-84+s, in all that.
-I'd want some busted ones, but I don't think I'd have the ability to repair them.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 26
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours