Meh. Something in my computer in my room fried as well for no apparent reason while I was watching TV in the living. Maybe it's a curse from DJ's computer, who knows? Oh well, it's always a good idea to carry at least 5 computers on you at all times. While I post from my 40" HDTV.
Assuming it's your iMac, didn't you just buy it like 6 months ago? Shock

You might want to take the receipt and bring it back to the store.

As for me, I had two computers but both were broken and the other one is an Intel Celeron which I didn't feel like repairing right now.
i have a lot of reading assignments that are baclags from weeks of doing other stuff. its just so difficult for me to manage my time with everything going on! i hate it that i still cant manage my time properly that i end up having all these things that i have to do piled up! i have taken a lot of seminars regarding time management and all but it was never effective to me, i hope i can solve this pretty soon!
Hmm, I didn't realize this thread had gone dormant for so long. I guess everyone's life stopped sucking? Anyway, I'm drowning under all the projects that I have to do and that I want to do. With the TI-84+CSE out, I want to port Doors CS, which is a massive undertaking, and general shell specs for the community to follow haven't even been hammered out yet. I also want to port one of my educational Prizm programs, which I think would look amazing on the TI-84+CSE, but it will take a lot of effort. And Cemetech always needs my attention, for news-writing, post-answering, all the private programming questions I get in PMs and emails. And SourceCoder 3 is a thing I wanted to do but is turning out to be quite time-consuming. Not to mention my actual work-work and book work, which have been neglected. Also I've been sick a lot lately, ever since I contracted mono about 7 months ago, and have very little energy. Anyway, if I'm not overly responsive on the site, please know I may be focusing on certain things, and trying to make decisions on possible future actions.
I totally forgot this existed too! Hopefully your mono goes into remission (if even briefly) while I'm there in April!

Meanwhile, I broke the headlight switch in my car yesterday evening trying to remove it. While I can still enable/disable the lights I can't remove the unit from the dash which is essential in order to splice into the switches wires. I now have to work the switch mechanism out of the dash so my current aftermarket wiring can be utilized. I have a bid on a new(ish) unit online and will hopefully ship out Monday if I win!
I can't settle on how to make gCAS3... Getting there, but brain just doesn't like it.

That's part of why my life ATM sucks. Other parts would include stuff to do, LLVM, SDCC, MC, etc.
KermMartian wrote:
Hmm, I didn't realize this thread had gone dormant for so long. I guess everyone's life stopped sucking? Anyway, I'm drowning under all the projects that I have to do and that I want to do. With the TI-84+CSE out, I want to port Doors CS, which is a massive undertaking, and general shell specs for the community to follow haven't even been hammered out yet. I also want to port one of my educational Prizm programs, which I think would look amazing on the TI-84+CSE, but it will take a lot of effort. And Cemetech always needs my attention, for news-writing, post-answering, all the private programming questions I get in PMs and emails. And SourceCoder 3 is a thing I wanted to do but is turning out to be quite time-consuming. Not to mention my actual work-work and book work, which have been neglected. Also I've been sick a lot lately, ever since I contracted mono about 7 months ago, and have very little energy. Anyway, if I'm not overly responsive on the site, please know I may be focusing on certain things, and trying to make decisions on possible future actions.

I hear ya Kerm. I know you have a lot to do, don't let it make you take any drastic measures. Hopefully your deadlines lessen up soon. :<
Good luck n' all Kerm :c

But yeah, my life doesn't suck all too much.
I have only one thing to worry about.
When I graduate, my step mother doesn't like me, and since it'll be difficult to find a job, she's been pushing my dad to kick me out.
Which means in 1-2 years from now, I could be dead on the streets..

But i'm sure I can find a job :3
1) Has been sick since last week (both sinus infection and extreme neck pain)
2) Despite having retired from Omnimaga admin, I think I still get more nickname change/bug reports/other site requests than every current admin combined. Shock
3) UPS wants to charge me $91 shipping for my 84+CSE instead of the $23.95 initially charged by Underwood Distributing and I would have to call in sick at work in order to pick it up (since they're closed during evenings and weekends, unlike Canada Post). Basically as a Canadian it's easy to confuse UPS and USPS and I just learned how terrible UPS is compared to USPS/Canada Post (although the latter are slower).

In other words, nothing really bad, just annoying (especially the neck pain, which, some days, is just short of making me call in sick)
Because I am not allowed to play at a talent show because I won by so much last year.
I have so much lawn work.
I can't learn ASM.
And Kerm is gone. Sad Life definitely sucks.
(not that Kerm won't be back soon, after the April Fools Day season. Smile But sureee I believveee ittt)
1) Well, I am not having enough motivation to finish TI-Band.
2) I'm no longer staff on my favorite Minecraft Server.
3) TI calculators are very expensive (Want 89 titanium)
4) Trying to make a gCn CAS work is making my head hurt.
because a 1 hour late game submission has failed you in a class.

but i asked the teacher for a theoretical grade, and i would have gotten a perfect score............
the summer began so promisingly. you had ideas for an ambitious project you were going to take on, lots of cool places you were going to go, and plenty of time to be spent with the girl you love (and with whom you have been together, happily, for several years, despite her having gone to a college on the opposite side of the country). she finally flies in, you meet her at the airport, and the next few days are the best days you've had in months. then you drive to her parents' house together to spend the weekend. while there, she spontaneously starts acting distant and angry and talks on her phone almost constantly. of course, you can't actually talk, though, because you're at her parents' house and there are people everywhere. finally, on the drive back (which takes several hours), she tearfully announces that, after having discussed it extensively with her friends, she "just can't be with you right now", citing a reason that, it just so happens, is both the thing that you loathe most about yourself and that it is physically impossible for you to change. you then spend several hours driving back home in a predictable state. she says nothing for days, leaving you there at home constantly checking your email. then she says "um... i miss you. is that ok?" and suggests that you meet somewhere to watch a movie. you do so, tentatively hopefully, and it seems like it's going well. of course, the night ends with her crying again and so on and so forth. she then leaves the state again, flying back to where she's going to school so as to not have to be around you.

it has now been several weeks, and you have not yet had a single conversation. of course, you aren't going to go on any of the trips you had planned because they were all joint ventures. you also haven't been able to write a single line of code, because it requires too much active thinking, which leads back into predictable subjects that you're doing your best to avoid.

during this time, your favourite band came to town for the first time ever. tickets were already sold out by the time you realised it, though. your favourite author, and a man whose writing has been a huge influence in your life, is doing his first book tour in a decade or so, and, as the banner announces prominently, his "Last Ever!". however, it is also sold out by the time you realise this. because you have been acting consistently less lively and cheerful at work, your boss has decided that you need some time off and has "suggested" that you reduce your hours, giving them to someone else. you purchase a fairly expensive item, only realising upon its arrival that a) it is non-refundable, and b) that it is not the one you actually wanted, but that that model had you realised, would have only costed $16 more. all of your family is going on a week long trip to the beach, but you can't because you have work and school to do. finally, you come on an internet forum to complain about all of this because all of your high-school friends went to different colleges and have sort of disappeared from contact over the last couple of years and you have yet to meet anyone since with whom you can actually talk.

LuxenD wrote:
because a 1 hour late game submission has failed you in a class.

but i asked the teacher for a theoretical grade, and i would have gotten a perfect score............

ugh, no leniency at all? well, at least you know that you're doing good work =)
That's really bad, Shmibs. At least you have a girlfriend. I have a sort of *hush hush* crush.
People, use your brain.

That way I can use mine and stop using flashy signatures. You know better, because two of the people involved are veteran calculator coders.

Even changing my nickname there to include "Not Admin" in it for 3 weeks was not enough.

Thank you.

(In the case where that signature which I am planning to change in one week gets removed before, I am talking about people who are still sending me e-mails and private messages here and on Omnimaga regarding site downtime/moderation matters, even though it has been clear for 2 years that I am no longer admin nor have the privileges to answer their requests. And no it's not my job to forward 3 PMs a month to admins.)
I can't find any friends around home that know much about programming... Sad
Least I know where to get help.
Currently I'm waiting for a parent/teacher meeting. I feel like I'm waiting for doomsday, though, because if one of my teachers lets it slip that I have my two ROTC laptops with me in class, my parents will disembowel me, and then take away my computers. I can't do that because they already have taken away literally everything else that I like, and micromanage everything else. Computers right now are basically my lifeline: I really don't know what I'll do if they take that away from me.
Angelstorm9x3 wrote:
Currently I'm waiting for a parent/teacher meeting. I feel like I'm waiting for doomsday, though, because if one of my teachers lets it slip that I have my two ROTC laptops with me in class, my parents will disembowel me, and then take away my computers. I can't do that because they already have taken away literally everything else that I like, and micromanage everything else. Computers right now are basically my lifeline: I really don't know what I'll do if they take that away from me.

Then why do you bring them to class
My life sucks because I can't read the cool administrator forum.
allynfolksjr wrote:
My life sucks because I can't read the cool administrator forum.
That's really terribly sad. I hope that your life improves soon.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 15 of 29
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours