Sadly TI thought it would be a good idea to release TI Connect 4.0 for Mac first and have yet to release a windows version. Lets not let that ruin all the fun.

So as you might know 7-zip supports extracting .dmg's among many other fun formats. This lead me to poke around the the files within to see if there was anything fun.

And what do you know there is! I did this all a while ago and when I got my TI-84PCSE and there was no TI-Connect for windows 4.0 released I decided to poke around again.

If you point your 7zip at the DMG navigate to
Quote:
TIConnect_40.dmg\0.hfs\TI Connect\ticonnectx.pkg\ticonnectmanagerxinteraction.pkg\Payload\Payload~\.\TIConnectManagerXInteraction.framework\Versions\A\Headers\

In here we find all sorts of fun things like TI_DataTypes.h which has enums for almost every calculator datatype and command. Each package payload has its own fun to explore. Lets find some good stuff!

I'll update this first post as new fun tidbits are found. Also thanks to "Olivier Destrebecq", "Stephen L. Reid", "Glen Simmons", "Srinath Madas" and whoever at TI did the 4.0 update for TI-Connect for Mac and left all this fun stuff in here.

Update: Well I found something new. The Ti-84 Plus C Silver Edition has its own OS update extenstion.
Quote:
<string>8cu</string>
<string>8cU</string>
<string>8Cu</string>
<string>8CU</string>
found in the "OSExtensions" file in tiOsRestore.pkg\Payload\Payload~\.\TI OS Restore.app\Contents\Resources\

Update2: The new extensions are: 8CU - TI OS Update Document, 8ck - TI Flash Application, 8cq - TI Flash Certificate, 8ca - TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition Image, 8ci - TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition Picture

I've gone through and extracted the relevant files and zipped it. You can download it all from http://jonimoose.net/calcstuff/TI%20Connect%20for%20Mac.zip hopefully TI won't have an issue with me hosting stuff that can be freely gotten from their site.
Nice finds, Jonimus. As far as extension goes, we also know about .8ca (Images), we think that .8ci will be for TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition images, and I think it's logical to assume that a .8ck might be coming around the bend for TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition apps, although I have seen no evidence to prove that.
Kerm See update 2 for my last post. I just confirmed that 8ck is indeed a thing.
Another fun find : several days ago, I found a mention of the prototypes 84C codename : "Roy". (as seen here : http://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11377 ).

I'll edit later if I find the specific file, but it was in a plist file describing models/properties or something.
TheStorm wrote:
Kerm See update 2 for my last post. I just confirmed that 8ck is indeed a thing.
Cool, good to know. I'm going to have to make sure I get all of these extensions right in SourceCoder 3. Smile Have you discovered anything else interesting while poking around?

Adriweb: Interesting, nice to hear that that name appeared somewhere other than the Mode Alpha-S screen of certain prototype calculators.
Haha! Roy? What about the regular TI-84?
0407H=84+ wrote:
Haha! Roy? What about the regular TI-84?

Necropost, much?
Please refrain from posting in long-dead topics unless you have something significant to contribute.
elfprince13, I was stating "What is the 84+ codename?" As said in Bambi, "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
He has a point though. Posting in topics that have not seen activity for a significant amount of time should not be bumped unless the poster has something on topic and of significant value to contribute. Neither of which your post has.
0407H=84+: consider this an official warning. When a staff member asks you to comply with the rules, the correct response is "okay sure". See your PM inbox for more details.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours