http://www.planet-casio.com/Fr/forums/lecture_sujet.php?id=11301

A contest to win a FX-9860II calculator. You have until sunday night to submit, it must be a game in add-in form, utilizing colors and 3D graphics. Scoring is done as so:

- Code/programming quality, bugs : 3 pts
- Originality : 3 pts
- Graphics and layout : 2 pts
- Gameplay and ergonomy : 2 pts

I'm definitely participating in this, anyone else here gonna take up this challenge? It's definitely not going to be an easy feat.
I would do it, but mine would probably suck compared to everyone else. I should try anyways. Hehe.
Spenceboy98 wrote:
I would do it, but mine would probably suck compared to everyone else. I should try anyways. Hehe.

Make sure you learn C/C++ first though.
Mine isn't going to be fancy 3D.
I'm not a math person, so I'm going to do fake 3D as well. I'm writing a textured raycaster thing, probably making some sort of "escape the maze" game.
Aww, you know how to raycast? T_T
I am thinking about using the 3D engine I got working to make a game for the Prizm, although I lack ideas on what to make.

*AHelper wonders if the contest allows you to use code from other projects in the addin
Starfox? Minecraft? Voxatron?
My games main character is 3D with shading. That's as 3D as I'm getting.
Aw, I wish this wasn't just a games contest, so that I'd have a reason to put the new gCAS2 into Graph3DP and try to submit that to the contest. So how many of you guys are entering this particular contest?
YOu can't add a game you already worked before or published before the brgin of the contest, sorry!
I *might* not due to me being busy with school.
KermMartian wrote:
Aw, I wish this wasn't just a games contest, so that I'd have a reason to put the new gCAS2 into Graph3DP and try to submit that to the contest. So how many of you guys are entering this particular contest?

I'm working on my entry now, and it seems that Spenceboy is as well. Mine will be pretty basic, but I think it'll still have a shot at winning.
Ashbad: Now that the contest is over are you allowed to release your entry?
An excellent question. Also, how many entries ended up being submitted? Have results been released yet?
There were 3 people who entered. I didn't get to enter either.
We had 3 entries Smile

Bust-a-move by Eiyeron

Sonic by Spashmaster

Cubefield by myself
Whoa, those are all beautiful! I can't wait for them all to hit the Cemetech archives. Smile I'd argue that only the third one is really 3D, but I guess that's not my call to make. Wink
The background of Sonic is made of 3 layers with differents scrolling speed, so it give a 3D feeling.
But yes, Bust-a-move is a little off-topic ^_^
I want to improve CubeField, I think I can optimise it. It will be uploaded on Cemetech when it will be more smoothy :p
Also make sure to use the Menu key for quitting instead of Exit. It annoys me that most add-ins and the whole OS use Menu for getting to the Menu, and then some games (like Gravity Duck, Sonic and CubeField) use Exit instead.

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7468

If you want you can use Exit for quitting, just make sure Menu works too and I'll be happy Smile

PS: The Menu key has the (awesome when properly used) function of pausing the code and resuming it when entering the add-in again, as long as no other add-in has been selected meanwhile. This is great because you can turn off the calc, after getting to the Menu, and save the game for later (if you don't want this to happen, I think you can prevent that too).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours