Rainbow Dash Attack

So, basically I made a game similar to AdultSwim's Robot Unicorn Attack, except for Prizm and with a nice pony twist on it. Point of the game is to dodge thunderclouds, collect apples, and in general not to fall into pits on the ground. You get points by collecting apples and for how long you run as of now. You can fly by holding SHIFT, but you have an energy bar the the top to tell you how much longer you can fly for before your wings stall up.

UPDATE: very closed to being finished! Here's a "marketing" video, along with some
still screens from using the official emulator (I couldn't get it to work very fast on
the emulator though; on the calculator, it runs over 25FPS, but on the emulator I'm
lucky if it can go 3FPS -- the emulator sucks). Download coming very soon after I
work out a few kinks and add a "Sonic Rainboom" attack, for dashing through clouds in
a very colorful manner.

I'm thinking of porting it to PC platforms once I release the Prizm version, copying a decent chunk of the code over since they'll both be in C (for the most part -- the PC version wouldn't require the assembly code at all, obviously Razz), but facilitate porting using SDL.

Edit by Merth: Removed link to weird, unrelated site.
OH MY GOSH! I can't wait until you finish this! Looks awesome!
Spenceboy98 wrote:
OH MY GOSH! I can't wait until you finish this! Looks awesome!

Glad you're excited; I think at least a few people here will be Wink

In addition, I've added drawing wildlife like plants/animals/parasprites to add some pizzazz, as someone gave me the suggestion on MLPforums:

Quote:
Quote:

interesting idea. from the screens at the bottom, i could see some more wildlife like flowers and bunnies here and there. other than that though, the idea seems like a nice parody and fun to play. ^u^

That's an amazing idea! I'll be sure to add some flowers and some animals for sure (maybe even some parasprites?) One thing, is that I'm not adding a background image. The platform I'm working on is clocked at 58MHz, which is obviously a speed inhibition; drawing a full background seems to rip off a few FPS, and drawing a scrolling background lowers that even more (drawing to VRAM is very slow, so the less drawn, the better the results).
This is a GREAT Idea Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation I can't wait until this comes out for the Graphing Calculator s Exclamation Will it be released soon Question Question This will be a fun game with awesome graphics. Shock I'm actually excited about a pony platform game Exclamation Question COOL Very Happy Very Happy
Very Happy Arrow Doors CS 7 Good Idea Good Idea Idea ( Smiling Cat Arrow Graphing Calculator )
If you're going to have an unlockable fluttershy, why not also an unlockable derpy that flies backwards?
jet322 wrote:
This is a GREAT Idea Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation I can't wait until this comes out for the Graphing Calculator s Exclamation Will it be released soon Question Question This will be a fun game with awesome graphics. Shock I'm actually excited about a pony platform game Exclamation Question COOL Very Happy Very Happy
Very Happy Arrow Doors CS 7 Good Idea Good Idea Idea ( Smiling Cat Arrow Graphing Calculator )

I see someone likes smileys.

As for release date, I'm hoping it'll be today.

DShiznit wrote:
If you're going to have an unlockable fluttershy, why not also an unlockable derpy that flies backwards?

A most excellent idea! I'll be sure to eventually add that.
jet322 wrote:
This is a GREAT :idea: :!: :!: :!: I can't wait until this comes out for the :calc: s :!: Will it be released soon :?: :?: This will be a fun game with awesome graphics. @_@ I'm actually excited about a pony platform game :!: :?: COOL :D :D
:D :arrow: :dcs7: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :idea: ( owo :arrow: :calc: )

/me watches as jet's writing becomes more and more full of emoticons, until he can type nothing but them.
Well, guys, it's unlikely I'll have a working version for you today; feel free to keep checking this thread until 8:00 PM tonight though, I might edit in some sort of test build for you to try out.

That being said, I would really like you to keep in mind that while this is a thread about a game with ponies, that we need to stay constructive with our posts here. No need to give ponies a bad name around these parts of the internet.
Hey, my PRIZM arrived just the other day. Looks good, I'll be sure to load this up.
So.......are you releasing it today? Or not?
He said
Ashbad wrote:
Well, guys, it's unlikely I'll have a working version for you today
spence
He also said:

Ashbad wrote:
feel free to keep checking this thread until 8:00 PM tonight though, I might edit in some sort of test build for you to try out.
It's now 10:31 PM(EST) Any progress?
jet322 wrote:
Whoa, ease up on the smiley spam. Remember that Cemetech values quality, well-worded, well-spelled posts. Actually, once you strip out all the smilies, it's actually a decent post, but yeesh.

Ashbad: Will you be offering a graphics option for Robot Unicorn Attack in the same game?
The quote above reminds me when CDI was editing certain of my posts back in 2005. <_<

Anyway this looks fun. You should add some clouds in the sky though so it doesn't look too empty. I unfortunately do not know much about Robot Unicorn nor MLP, so I cannot really comment much on what to include that is related to that, though.
Haha, I was reading this and my sister saw the computer screen... now my family assumes I like rainbow ponies. hehe, nice work though.
Oh nice a MLP Rainbow Unicorn Attack :3
Spence, DShiznit: basically done with it as of now, should be released tonight sometime.

Juju: Poneiz!

Zeldaking: haha, nice work. feel free to assert their assumptions by playing this game in front of them, too!

Kerm: didn't think about that, but maybe after today's release, sure. I'd probably release it as a separate game, though (they'd share the same highscores file, and play exactly the same; just with more pink and with unicorns instead) simply because that would almost double the game size, and most people will only want one or the other. Unless of course, you guys think differently.

DJ_O: Indeed; I'm thinking of adding some harmless white clouds too, and even better, some wildlife on the ground (parasprites, flowers, rabbits, possibly a very slowly-running Twilight Sparkle that appears very rarely)

Butts: Hope you'll enjoy it!
Darn. I was hoping I would get to play it tonight. I will wait.

Edit:I don't want to sound too naggy, but are you planning on releasing it today?
Spence, I'm really hoping to release a small demo today, but I honestly can't promise anything. I'm rather occupied by studying, and the only free time I get I'm too tired to code during, and play TF2+Watch ponies instead.

EDIT: this Friday morning should definitely be a final due date though, I surely have it by then.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours