Sorunome wrote:
This is cool! Does it also work under linux?
I would imagine Wine/Mono might get it to work under Linux. I don't believe Tari has written a native port.
There's a little bit of Windows-specific code for actually launching the client program, but everything else should work just fine with Mono. If there's interest, I'll give it a spin under Linux.
In tonight's session of hacking-instead-of-sleeping-because-there's-class-tomorrow, I got session information loading/saving implemented. Really lazy file format, but meh:
Code:
# Connection configuration file generated by GCNClient GUI
# Values are given in the same order they are shown in the GUI, one per line.
# See http://www.taricorp.net/projects/gcnclient-gui/ for more information.
asdf

saveddomain.net

True
False
My laziness means it can easily be written by hand, which I guess is a bonus.
Huzzah, nice job, Tari. Smile Now if only there was a central repository of hub name-to-service mappings. It would be like a service that would provide names, like a sort of name service.... I wonder if anyone has ever thought of this sort of system before.
KermMartian wrote:
Huzzah, nice job, Tari. Smile Now if only there was a central repository of hub name-to-service mappings. It would be like a service that would provide names, like a sort of name service.... I wonder if anyone has ever thought of this sort of system before.
Not sure if being facetious..

At the risk of being obvious, you might dump TXT records under (for example) <service>.gcn.cemetech.net for various values of <service>. SRV records are another option, I guess:

Code:
_obliterate._gcn.cemetech.net 86400 IN SRV ...
although the SRV method seems somewhat messier, since it's more tightly specified.
Tari wrote:
There's a little bit of Windows-specific code for actually launching the client program, but everything else should work just fine with Mono. If there's interest, I'll give it a spin under Linux.

Interest
Alright, I'm calling this ready for testing. I got the installer hammered out and packaged up some libusb tools with it.

Here's the installer, and just the GUI.

The installer should handle the libusb setup for you (but you still need to know what you're doing for the filter driver), while the other package provides only the GUI, which should be suitable for any system (not just Windows).

If you pass a file name on the command line, it'll run that as the client, rather than just look for gcnclient.exe in the same directory (so Linux users, use this feature). Something like
Code:
$ mono gcnclientGUI.exe ./gcnclient_ubuntu

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours