Long on my to-do list has been a web browser for TI graphing calculators. With the introduction of Doors CS 6 (and thence Doors CS 7's) GUI API features, then CALCnet protocol support, and finally the creation of globalCALCnet, this dream got incrementally closer to reality. Early yesterday morning, I decided to finally bite the bullet and throw together a CALCnet-based web browser. I first created a Python web clipping application employing Lynx that runs on the globalCALCnet metahub, then a calculator-side client named Gossamer. Gossamer can already request, receive, display, and scroll pages, maintain a page viewing history, and allow the user to click on links to visit pages. Coming soon will be a box to input arbitrary URLs as well as progress bars for page and reference loading.

As always, please post your feedback and comments in the attached thread. A full version of Gossamer will be coming in the next few days, followed in the hopefully-near future by Doors CS 7.2, with the new and improved Direct USB CALCnet support that I demonstrate in the video below.

Hotness Kerm, pure hotness.
Ohh, I was expecting this to be for the Prizm but this is equally awesome!

Planned ports to Casio?
*drools*
TheStorm: Many thanks!
ComicIDIOT: Potentially, but if I did, more work could be done calculator-side. First I'll need to port CALCnet.
Qwerty: Thanks a lot. Wink
TheStorm wrote:
Hotness Kerm, pure hotness.

This, and This again. Amazing Kerm.
In case anyone skimmed the news article, I should point out that this is running on a much-improved Direct USB implementation inside Doors CS. I'm hoping that I'll be able to share it with you guys in the form of Doors CS 7.2 very soon, although there are a few more glitches still to find. I'm hoping I'll be able to easily collate my notes on what non-networking bugs in Doors CS still need to be fixed for 7.2.
Pure awesomeness, KermM. Smile
souvik1997 wrote:
Pure awesomeness, KermM. Smile
Haha, thanks Souvik! Now you should work on CALCnet Tournament so we can have Cn2.2 programs by people other than me released. Wink
Well that's pretty amazing. Can't wait to have the hardware/software to try it.
If I remember correctly, all you need is an Arduino, or a TI 84+/SE with a USB cable.
juju2143 wrote:
Well that's pretty amazing. Can't wait to have the hardware/software to try it.
With the advent of Direct USB gCn, all you need is software, a TI-84+/SE, and a direct USB cable.
Wow, this is spectacular! It kinda gives me motivation to look into gCn for KnightOS.
SirCmpwn wrote:
Wow, this is spectacular! It kinda gives me motivation to look into gCn for KnightOS.
That would be pretty awesome if you implement gCn for KnightOS Sir Very Happy
SirCmpwn wrote:
You should definitely do that. I've been trying to nudge AHelper to do the same for GlassOS, but without any luck yet.
Congratulations for this remarkable feat, once again Wink
Wow, just wow. This is the day I have always dreamed of. Smile Very nice and I can't wait to see what is to come.
That's some fantastic work there Kerm!

How do you plan to deal with ticalc.org's archives? Have the zip file parsed and the files automatically dropped onto the calc into flash?

Can't wait for that new version of DCS to try out DUSB gCn Very Happy
Holy cats, man. That's amazing.
Wow you made this in one day!? Incredible. Epic work!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours