Quote:
After a hard week or so of debugging and massive coding, Phase 2 of Cemetech's Big Move is complete. This roughly annual push to modernize sections of the site means that Cemetech's templates and styles are now almost entirely PHP-driven: the look you get in one part of the site should be identical to that in another part of the site for increased ease-of-use. If you find any bugs with the new system, please post on the forum; while I estimate that site uptime will now be close to 100% for a while, I may continue to do improvements behind the scenes that should not affect functionality. As usual, if you get an error, press F5; it means I'm FTPing an update in. The next step is the Archives Update, Phase 3, which I desperately need volunteers with an hour or two free for. Thanks to all.
yeah, this is sweet. What is with the thing though that says go to Admin CP, last time I checked, I was only a moderator
Ooops, did I permission everyone to have that link? My bad...
I hope it goes away soon, unless I become admin or something.
hmmm.....I dont see it.....
That's gone, but today I noticed that even though I'm logged out of the forums, I'm logged into the sidebar. It also only shows that I'm on, not anyone else (even though Kerm is on right now). Before the revamping, when I logged out from the site at school, it still said I was visiting the site, but everything said I was loged out.
1. The online user thing takes 5 minutes to go inactive
2. I'm aware of the logout problem, working on it.
sidebar wrote:
There are a total of 4 users online: 3 members and 1 guest.
Members: Chipmaster, kirb, kirb

This may be a problem...
Lol mine says:
sidebar said wrote:
There are a total of 4 users online: 3 members and 1 guest. Members: Chipmaster, kirb, Chipmaster.
Indeed. The problem is this: since I installed the new toolbar, which handles online user recognition and tasks, I have been unable to have it correctly identify the user via IP and current page being viewed. But worry not, I hope to solve it today.
Where's my Admin Link? Sad
One thing at a time please people Very Happy
yeah, Kerm is only one man
Honestly. I get 5 more things for every 1 I complete Very Happy
isn't that the way it seems
Don't remind me.

*Goes to look at Planned Projects*

*weeps*
Weird! i don't know if this will help or not but before I clicked on this topic to reply the sidebar said
Quote:
There are a total of 3 users online: 1 member and 2 guests.
Members: Chipmaster

and now that I am posting:
Quote:
There are a total of 3 users online: 2 members and 1 guest.
Members: Chipmaster, Chipmaster

I have refreshed both pages so this isn't a fluke. I hope that helps you find a solution. If it doesn't I'm sorry for giving you more stuff to fix Smile
OK, let me explain. In the old system, the toolbar checked the javascript referrer page, the IP, and the username, and stored it in http://www.cemetech.net/scripts/online.dat . In the new toolbar I put in, variables keep track of page, IP, and username. However, all users seem to have no IP and "404.php" as their page only on the forum. I think I may have mistakenly added the variable code to a page I shouldn't have...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours