KermMartian wrote:
How about old versions of Firefox, such as 1.0.8?

http://www.oldapps.com/firefox.php?old_firefox=40
A lot of those are Windows only, including Opera! But, I downloaded 0.7 of Camino (released in 2003) and that didn't seem to work.

I'll take a look at that list and see what I can run since I got rid of Darwine and XP.

I'm surprised Netscape is also Mac OS X, going to try and get one of those to work. Netscape didn't work, I need the Classic Environment (OS 9, basically) which 10.6 no longer supports. I'll reinstall Darwine then and try an early version of FireFox.

I shouldn't have spoken so soon about all those being Windows only. I downloaded IE5.2.3 and even that renders C6M without a hitch.

I'm starting to think it's not CSS related. Sad
Either I posted in another thread, or I forgot to post this. Let me just try to flatten the ladders into normal classes and hope that will work...?
You posted in the wrong thread Smile

You'll have to be careful regarding the links on the maroon background, since I apply the "a:psuedo-class" at the html level, basically. I've also discovered your phone won't read ".class a:link" so you'll have to go around that :/
Good points, but if you have no great objection, I'll give it a try.
Sounds good, let me know if you encounter any hiccups and I'll help you through it. The only hard part I forecast is the CSS, since you'll have to change each class name twice: style and colour.

Sad
comicIDIOT wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
How about old versions of Firefox, such as 1.0.8?

http://www.oldapps.com/firefox.php?old_firefox=40
A lot of those are Windows only, including Opera! But, I downloaded 0.7 of Camino (released in 2003) and that didn't seem to work.

I'll take a look at that list and see what I can run since I got rid of Darwine and XP.

I'm surprised Netscape is also Mac OS X, going to try and get one of those to work. Netscape didn't work, I need the Classic Environment (OS 9, basically) which 10.6 no longer supports. I'll reinstall Darwine then and try an early version of FireFox.

I shouldn't have spoken so soon about all those being Windows only. I downloaded IE5.2.3 and even that renders C6M without a hitch.

I'm starting to think it's not CSS related. Sad

If you are talking about Mac OS 9 then try Classilla http://www.floodgap.com/software/classilla/

or the older mozilla http://www.depublic.com/mozilla-macos9/
I'm saying that the OS 9 Environment is not supported under 10.6. And thus, can't try that browser. Classilla is in the same boat; It's OS 9, which I can't emulate under 10.6.

Maybe I could if I installed Rosetta. But, I've since discovered it's not related to CSS1, 2 or 3 but rather how the cellular browser reads the page.
comicIDIOT wrote:
I'm saying that the OS 9 Environment is not supported under 10.6. And thus, can't try that browser. Classilla is in the same boat; It's OS 9, which I can't emulate under 10.6.

Maybe I could if I installed Rosetta. But, I've since discovered it's not related to CSS1, 2 or 3 but rather how the cellular browser reads the page.

Ah got yeah. i was reading your post wrong i thought you saying that you needed classic. my latest Mac (digital audio G4) runs OS9, 10.4, and a modded to run on slower G4 hardware 10.5. but I don't hardly use it anymore. but yeah i know that they removed classic support since 10.5
comicIDIOT wrote:
Sounds good, let me know if you encounter any hiccups and I'll help you through it. The only hard part I forecast is the CSS, since you'll have to change each class name twice: style and colour.

Sad
Actually, I was planning on trying to only change the CSS, not any of the markup, since I was hoping I could untangle the latters without changing classnames and usage.
Ah, sounds good. That should be possible.
Regarding the code issue, could there be a variable you pass to the URL ("?code") that makes the code show up how it was?
_player1537 wrote:
Regarding the code issue, could there be a variable you pass to the URL ("?code") that makes the code show up how it was?
Potentially, but I could see that turning into a headache as far as remembering to continue to support that through revisions, plus the possibility that people might not know that that switch exists.
There could be a text link that reads "However, if you wish to view the code click here" or something along those words. I'm not the one that creates the backend magic (aside from the variables) so it's up to Kerm.

Don't forget though, this is more of a request than development Wink

Update some ten hours later: I added a link to the referenced request in the proper thread. Also, locking until development continues. As for now, it's mostly just updating with requests and getting rid of bugs.

Updates will resume when CSS & HTML is being worked on.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Updates will resume when CSS & HTML is being worked on.
More or less, I downloaded a browser extension that allows live editing of CSS. In that method, I've got a styleless copy of C6M on my website that I'll slowly start restyling. But first, I imagine, I should populate the HTML with more specific class & id names so it'll work on devices like Kerm's phone Wink

Page 21 of 21
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours