Take a look at what Critor found!

Real? Fake? Photoshop? Prototype that won't come to market? And what about the odd Nspire CX CLM (Clamshell) that TI-Bank found?
What about a hardware mod? Is is so hard to believe someone could make something like this?
DShiznit wrote:
What about a hardware mod? Is is so hard to believe someone could make something like this?
The difficulty in getting the hardware to fit in this formfactor, not to mention having to replace the LCD ribbon cable somehow.
TheStorm wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
The difficulty in getting the hardware to fit in this formfactor, not to mention having to replace the LCD ribbon cable somehow.
Exactly. Smile Oddly enough, that looks a LOT like the Ultimate Calculator 3 plans, except smaller, since of course TI has infinitely better fabbing capabilities than me. I should tell them to stop stealing my ideas. Wink
Looks like a semi replica of the Canon FN-600 Scientific Calculator. I do not trust the picture. It has definitly been altered, but that does not mean it won't come into existence.
basicman wrote:
Looks like a semi replica of the Canon FN-600 Scientific Calculator. I do not trust the picture. It has definitly been altered, but that does not mean it won't come into existence.
Haha, you just reminded me of something. Check out the Casio FX-9860GSLIM Slim.

I think that just about solves it...
DShiznit wrote:
I think that just about solves it...
Yeah, I think so. Guess it's just a bad photoshop job. Smile
Awww, Either

1. Critor did it on purpose (passed of the pic as the calc)
2. Critor did not know
3. TI is REALLY losing their originality...

awww Sad
qazz42 wrote:
Awww, Either

1. Critor did it on purpose (passed of the pic as the calc)
2. Critor did not know
3. TI is REALLY losing their originality...

awww Sad
I'd lean towards one of the first two. Smile Probably the second, since Critor seems like a decent guy.
Haha, true, I don't see critor being mean like that Smile

btw, I was going to make this topic, but you beat me too it Sad
Wow. Casio knows how to make a calculator. It has a back light and supports SD cards.

I wonder if people can write their own games and programs for this thing...
Zera wrote:
Wow. Casio knows how to make a calculator. It has a back light and supports SD cards.

I wonder if people can write their own games and programs for this thing...
Yes! And you don't even have to jailbreak it to do so! Isn't that amazing? Sad
This thing seems awesome. I was so inspired that I did a mock-up of what my Zelda project might look like on this platform...

I wonder which languages it supports. Any ASM? Just BASIC? What sort of limitations do we have here?
Well, I know that the Prizm supports SH3 ASM and standard C. No known limitations. There's a whole bunch of threads about the Prizm on Cemetech; you should take a look.

I just peed my pants a little. I'm tempted to force myself to learn some kind of language just to code for this calculator model.
Haha, that is indeed most exciting. To be honest, I'm not sure why I don't have one of these calculators. Smile
The first tip off that it isn't a TI calculator is the form factor. Standardized testing (from which TI derives it's stranglehold on the high school calculator market) usually requires a standard calculator keypad, rather than a horizontal arrangement. Like how the 92/V200 series are banned from standardized tests, but the more advanced 89Ti (and old school 89) are allowed.
elfprince13 wrote:
The first tip off that it isn't a TI calculator is the form factor. Standardized testing (from which TI derives it's stranglehold on the high school calculator market) usually requires a standard calculator keypad, rather than a horizontal arrangement. Like how the 92/V200 series are banned from standardized tests, but the more advanced 89Ti (and old school 89) are allowed.
True, but what about the new (and slightly less new) Nspires that have the A-Z keypad at the bottom?
It still looks like a calculator, which is really all I think they care about.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours